I have joined Deutsche Bank in early January after been presented the product I was going to work for. This had been a welcoming challenge to make a paradigm switch from B2B to a B2C product. Having a broader exposure to a different customer subset than what I previously had, I jumped straight on board. The product is composed of a mobile app targeted towards private and commercial customers, covering both major mobile platforms (iOS and Android) and also subsidiary flavored apps.
Formed a SCRUM team composed of 3 developers and 3 testers Made market research regarding our app positioning Groomed features and settled upon a timeline, roadmap management Strategically prioritized the work load in Sprints based on dependencies, risk and release schedule Monitored the progress for each Sprint and the fulfillment of the overall vision Prioritized the work based on release management requirements and vendor timeline. Monitored user experience using in-app analytics, during and after the gradual release in the stores to identify bottlenecks and improvements.
As a conclusion of these activities, we delivered towards one of our subsidiaries ( Norisbank ) an important instant overdraft request feature. This was done on time, on budget and on scope.
* Monitored user experience from the feature we have developed during the first 3 months;
* Researched and proposed improvement points to increase the conversion funnel for a feature;
* Added performance attributes to an existing feature in order to treat the above points;
* Delivered and increased with 10% the conversion funnel for a feature on both platforms;
* Created, organized and personally held a live and in-house preparation course for passing the PSPO I certification from Scrum.org ( pass score for participants 100% )
* Involved myself within organizational wide Agile transformation initiative;
* Achieved the PSPO2 certification
Started working for Orange as a Senior Developer and was thrilled about all the complex
solutions they employed to tackle customers needs in the telecommunications field.
I have worked on internal solutions to help other projects, like Logaas, logging as a
service, a complex stack involving Kibana, LogStash and ElasticSearch, topped with a
CMS build with Symfony framework in PHP.
I’ve also proposed optimization techniques involving API caching with HAProxy
I have worked for one of the groups TV solution to automatically interrupting TV channels
distribution to either show a message or a commercial.
I’ve assumed e2e responsibility from the design of the solution to the development and
For this project I’ve chosen Angular ( being in release candidate ) and PHP and
innovated and proposed a best practice of separation of concerns. I’ve had full trust of
my manager and delivered on time, on budget and on scope all by myself with a new
technology on the market. I’ve assumed the risk and delivered.
The product was presented to the groups CEO and the director of the Orange Labs here
The director asked for a volunteer on a TV project involving both frontend (html, css and
I’ve jumped right on board, my manager backed me up and I have not only adapted by increased delivery rate by 33%.
I’ve joined the MobileTV project and traveled to Rennes where I’ve met with the Project
Manager and the Product Owner of the product. The product was a strategical
distribution and penetration into the EMEA region for television. Given the low market for
STBs (Set-top boxes aka cable boxes ) the group decided to develop the taste for
television by promoting streaming TV through HTTP, available on mobile devices.
After the MobileTV I have joined Malima project, a B2B project, using IoT for fleet
management of various devices.
The project used SAFE methodology and I have been PO for two teams: one was not
AGILE aware and I coached the team in the AGILE way of working using Kanban flow
I have managed to synchronize all the teams brought them together and developed a
consistent cadence while reducing the overall risk on the program in terms of
I have managed the backlogs of both teams I have participated in PI planning and
worked with teams both locally and remotely the project consisted of eight developer
teams and each team having 10 members, the teams where cross functional and we
had both developers and QA in the same team.
The teams were component-based each team having domain knowledge on certain
components, for example: backbone-API services.
* I have handled service delivery for all 6 countries, stakeholder management for all
business units, legal and contractual aspects of the business as well as team
* We’ve migrated Malima project which served 8 BU, without service interruption, from bare metal to a cloud using safe methodology within 1
year, doing this on time and on budget
* I have also coached other product owners, held trainings and contributed to the overall Agile development inside our organization.
A startup company activating in the advertising domain, their main products where B2B services.
I have handled both development for new services and management of the cloud infrastructure based on Amazon.
As a developer I not only managed their product develop new functionalities for the clients both also managed and integrated the companys merchant accounts.
I have worked with the AWS stack, storing reports in S3 and having multiple queues in SQS for data gathering.
Have also managed the networking structure of the company’s entire EC2 machines. Have worked both with VPCs and ELB in these zones.
* Enforced security for data privacy flows
Smartbridge BDC delivered services in the planning and performance area, more specifically Event Management.
The business model was selling a subscription based product, EventCommander, B2B, with focus on small to medium sized companies and/or events.
EventCommander, at that time, was a web based platform where the client could login and set the details of his/her events with their related resources.
The platform was written in PHP 4 and I have contributed in rewriting, refactoring and optimizing the user experience for the whole platform, while also suggesting new UX features.
Technology stack used:
* Jira and Bitbucket for task management and collaboration;
* Laravel 5.1 (composer, vagrant, artisan), MySql, Memcache/Redis on the backend;
* Documenting code and maintaining good quality code according to standards using PHPDoc, implementing a custom dynamic PHP MessDetector using regular expressions;
* RabbitMQ for queue management;
* Improved UX from a loading time of 3-5seconds by 67%-80% to 0.7ms to 1sec by optimizing queries and improving API route management
It came to my interest that they were interested in a backend developer that needed to work on their core api.
They needed to investigate how to match some user attributes to other users and using a NoSQL database. I swiftly joined the arhitect and research teams.
I’ve researched alternatives for our current database technologies, employed several comparative techniques to study the impact of the chosen solution, such as:
* Benchmarking on reads and writes;
* Load impact on our core systems;
* Emulating our core products to chosen architectures and checking impact;
* Providing results to stakeholders and so on.
For benchmarking have used Apache Benchmark and several other tools for optimization and performance measuring.
Other projects implied working on both the frontend and backend for one of our projects.
I have worked with Symphony and AngularJs for our SAP project.
Most of our projects implies heavy load, being able to withstand 10000 req/sec at least, with hundreds of milions or bilions of documents stored in our database, being able to serve them to our clients in an instant.
In order to accomplish all the above, I have employed several unit testing and several processes of deployment alongside with a clear exponential backoff policy for our requests.
Other tools I have worked with are: SOLR, which is a search engine based on Apache Lucene and with Couchbase.
During this time I have programmed in: Python (CORE API), PHP, GoLang and Bash scripting.
* I have successfully increased performance by 20% on matchmaking with friends for the Asphalt games;
* I have mentored 4 juniors that performed from day one;
* Provided functionality for the new proprietary marketing server to serve additional marketing ads.